Recently, I came across a Youtube video called ‘First World Problems‘. I found it to be extremely witty in describing how a lot of people react to small problems as if they were big ones. I hope to replicate a similar strategy and will cover different people’s responses to the same situation.
Here is a list of ‘First World Problems'(FWP) and this is a chance for you to diagnose whether you are suffering from FWP! Choose the option that describes you the most. Good luck!
When You Can’t Get Online
- Literally GO CRAZY. I must message my friends who live halfway across the world! I must post my newest photo on Instagram, too!
- I freak out instead but I take a very DEEP breath. I can occupy myself with other things like checking other WiFi connections. If the problem persists after 10 minutes, I am furious!
- I will just do some other thing instead… maybe reading or exercising?!
I’m So Hungry!!!
- I’m so hungry….I can’t eat my steak and potato chips without ketchup
- I’m so hungry, but I brushed my teeth….
- I will just go to bed and eat tomorrow
New iPhone Releases
- I’m so sad, my iPhone is not the newest anymore.
- I’m pretty sad, the new iPhone does not fit into my skinny jeans.
- I don’t care, I already have a smartphone…not sure which brand it is but it works!
It’s Too Cold
- It’s too cold…the air conditioner is on 19 degrees Celsius, I want 20 degrees Celsius!
- I am too cold, I had too much ice cream and ice coffee.
- It’s too cold, I will just wear my winter coat because other people like it cool.
This is so annoying!
- That person is wearing the same outfit as me!
- My trainers make squeaking noise when I am walking in the library.
- I will finish my shopping in 5 minutes because in the end of the day, they are just clothes.
- My wallet won’t close- there are just too many notes!
- The bank machine only gives 50 dollar notes not 10 dollar ones!
- I will just use my 50 dollar to buy a chocolate bar and get some change.
Now add up the numbers in front of the option you chose.
The diagnosis is: Less than 7- You are officially diagnosed with FWP, 7-13- You are highly likely to develop FWP, Above 13- You are largely free from FWP, congratulations but always be on your guard!
Other honorable mentions about symptoms of FWP: If you find yourself identifying with these memes, you may be having First World Problems! 😛
What is your score? Do you have other brilliant examples of First World Problems? Comment below and share!